Location: 211 West 2nd Ave; Spokane WA 99201
Golf Training Overview
- A physical assessment of 15 movement patterns to assess how well your body can move and support itself during the golf swing.
- Allows us to identify any restrictions in the way your body moves within your swing so that we can accurately prescribe/develop a program to improve body mechanics and decrease the risk of injuries associated with your golf game.
- TPI Strength and Power testing
- Upper body power – Seated Chest Pass
- Core power – Sit up and Throw
- Lower body power – Vertical Jump on Jump mat
- Upper body strength – Dumbbell press and Dumbbell row
- Lower body strength – Split Squat
- Fitness training workouts with the golf athlete in mind.
- Help create further mobility, stability and strength in the legs, hips, glutes and trunk as well as the shoulders – the key areas of transferring force through the kinematic chain.
- Help increase club head speed with power, strength, and speed training.
- Reduce the risk of injury by developing correct mobile and stable joints.
- Using a combination of:
- General Physical Prep (GPP) exercises to create a strong and stable base of strength (eg. bodyweight squats, deadlifts, planks, glute bridges, farmer walk variations, etc.)
- Specific Preparation Exercises (SPE) to further develop and progress power and strength in the golf athlete. (eg. jump training for power, front squats lower body and core strength, etc.)
- Specific Development Exercises (SDE) that add a more “golf specific” approach with rotational work in the transverse plane of movement. (eg. Medicine ball rotational throws, band rotations, etc.)
In addition to increasing performance in the gym, our goal is to increase performance on the golf course as they relate to the specific needs of the golf athlete. The collaboration of our fitness and medical professionals along with the golf professional plays a vital role to offer golfers a team approach to give every golfer the best chance to compete at a higher level.
2020 Group Class Schedule
Jr. Golf Performance Training at PTA Performance:
- MONDAY – THURSDAYS
- I start a new session every half hour with one later session and the times look like this:
- 2:00 PM
- 2:30 PM
- 3:00 PM
- 3:30 PM
- 4:00 PM
- 5:30 PM
- There is a dynamic warm – up that players always run through to prep their bodies for the workout
- Workouts incorporate a lower body day, an upper body day, a core focused day, and a full body functional day. *** core exercises are involved with each day’s workout.
Adult Golf Performance Training at PTA Performance:
- MONDAY – THURSDAYS
- 4:30 PM
- Unlimited Training Sessions (Month – to- Month, cancel when you’d like) – $190/month +tax
- Unlimited Training Sessions (1 year commitment – month-to month) – $150/month +tax
- Session Packs (3 month grace period to use all sessions)
- Single Session – $30
- 10 Pack Sessions – $250 ($25/session)
- 25 Pack Sessions – $500 ($20/session)
To schedule: Contact Dustin Stanek – Dustin@ptaperformance.com or 509.638.0555